Lederhosen, dirndls, iPads and smartphones belong together in Bavaria, and a trip to the new EDEKA store in Kemnath, Upper Palatinate, shows how tradition and modernity complement each other perfectly. Wanzl took on the task of all shopfitting planning and retail equipment. Wanzl is one of the world’s leading system partners to retail. Its company headquarters have called Bavaria home for 70 years, and it has had branches worldwide for more than 50 years.
The new EDEKA Legat store opened in November 2016, with a sales floor of 1,850 m². The owner, Stefan Legat, invested around €6.2 million in the new build, interior fit-out and stock. The 35,000 products available for food and pharmacy, electrical goods, household and toys, stationery, books and plants leave nothing to be desired. This one-stop shop presents with Bavarian flair, with plenty of wood and a great deal of technology. The butcher counter with its dry-ageing curing chamber, and living aquarium with fish from the region such as trout and char are real highlights. The “Burgers’z” bistro – including cooking show – docks directly into the fresh produce counter. Fruit and vegetables in Dorfscheune are fresh and crisp. The wine box, with a selection of fine vintages, is beautifully sorted and the information counter has the look of a Bavarian lodge. The walk-in cold store houses refreshing drinks in summer and Glühwein in winter.
– Design, planning and realisation of all equipment
– pure tech, Vitable and YourTable shopfitting systems
– eGate Colour as the entrance system, and exit gate with barcode reader
– Checkout Manager Pro checkout guidance system
– mGate motor-driven check out barriers
– AM retail security at the checkout
– Salsa plastic shopping trolley with a capacity of 150 litres
– Tango plastic shopping trolley with 90-litre two-trolley concept for short shopping trips to top up with fresh produce
– GT26 eco shopping baskets
– GT40 eco roller baskets
– and much more
“Quality comes at a price, but is worth it. Following a brief set-up phase, Wanzl knows exactly what I want and meets my needs very well. I speak from experience; our new store in Kemnath represents the sixth time we have worked with Wanzl.”
STEFAN LEGAT, Managing Director, EDEKA Legat